Happy Belly Muffins
These muffins are dense, delicious, healthy and are compliant with the Anti-Inflammatory diet guidelines. Great for breakfast, a mid-day snack, or when you're craving something sweet.
FREE OF GLUTEN, SUGAR, EGG YOLK, DAIRY, SOY, potato starch, CORN and peanuts.
- 2 1/4 C Oats
- 1/2 C Applesauce
- 2 ripe Bananas
- 1/4 C Agave
- 2 T Chia Seeds (optional)
- 1/4 C Egg Whites
- 3/4 C Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 2 tsp Baking Powder (free of cornstarch)
- (OR 5 tsp Baking Powder if omitting baking soda)
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/3 C Coconut Oil
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 C Frozen Berries (I use blackberries or a berry medley)
- Pre-heat oven to 350ºF
- Combine all ingredients except for berries in blender or food processor. Blend on low/medium until smooth. Transfer mixture to large bowl and fold in frozen berries.
- Using a large spoon, scoop batter into liners, filling to the top. These muffins don’t rise much so don’t worry about over filling.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes clean.